Saturday, September 28, 2019

Pumpkin Spice take me away


I enjoy seasonal flavors, they feel special and their flavor reminds me of the good times from each season. In the Spring the vegetables taste fresh, in the Summer I like to grill everything under the sun, Fall I love fresh apples, warm baked goods and pumpkin spice though I stick to pumpkin pie and pumpkin coffee. In the Winter there are even more baked goods, heavier meals and eggnog.

The flavor of pumpkin and pumpkin spice are wonderful but the flavor truly shines when used as a key, a key to unlock old memories from the Fall. The scent and taste of something takes me back to all the times I have had that smell or taste. Like photographs hung along a string,  every memory of fall is linked together by Autumn tastes, sights and wonderful scents.

Each sip of my morning pumpkin coffee is like a small burst of nostalgia. Red and orange Autumn leaves poof into the room and float gently through the air. Candles all with their own smells of pumpkin, apple cider or deep woods, each one takes me to a place if only for a moment. The image in my eyes gets a little nicer and the world becomes a little warmer.

My mind is a flurry with stories, images of ideal Autumns hand picked from my best memories and my hopes for the future. I dream of warm, country homes surrounded by Autumn trees. Each home with a little trail of smoke rising from the tops. The cold autumn wind blows through, crisp and refreshing. The smells of woodsmoke, baking pies and crushed leaves fill the air. This is the place I like to go.

The wish for this ideal is what drives me. I use the images of Autumn to help me through the hard times and look to a better future ahead. No matter how overheated or beaten down I get, Autumn always comes.
Autumn is slow and peaceful, it is a time to reflect and enjoy nature. It suits my personality and each year it is when I am at my happiest.
I sit with blurry vision as the sleep fades from my eyes and I drink my pumpkin coffee. My pumpkin spice coffee helps me face the day, it warms me up and takes me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The long Night Walk

 It was a dark October night. A cold wind swept through the town, leaves blew through the air and the tree branches shook as if the trees th...